Streamline Your GIS Workflows
GovTools is a collection of GIS tools that simplify your daily workflow and increase productivity. They integrate seamlessly within Esri's ArcMap
and offer a wide range of functionality without any sacrifice in usability. Users will love GovTools simplified searching, easier access to related
documents and the ability to create mailing labels in seconds.
Searching Made Easy
The most popular tool is GovTools search. Access dozens of predefined
searches from a single search box. Users simply enter a
search value and it will automatically locate and zoom to the matching
feature on the map.
GovTools documents tool retrieves related documents and information by
drawing a box in the map. This powerful tool can even retrieve unattached
documents or entire folders of documents by matching names to attribute
values. Websites can also be opened based on an attribute value so online
parcel queries or address searches can be performed automatically.
Email Map Screenshots
GovTools email tool allows any user to generate an Outlook email that
automatically contains a screenshot attachment. This is commonly
used to facilitate the submission of data changes or technical support
requests to a GIS administrator.
Generate 300 Foot Notifications and Mailing Labels
Users can generate mailing labels from a set of selected
parcels with one click. Used in conjunction with the
GovTools buffer tool, 300 foot notifications can be performed
- The add data tool displays a listing of layers from one location to avoid forcing users to navigate directory structures to find data.
- The bookmarks tool provides all users access to single set of commonly used map bookmarks organized into categories.
- The buffer tool simplifies the spatial selection process for generating reports and mailing labels.
- Maps printed for the public often require a disclaimer. The disclaimer tool overlays a disclaimer on any map or page layout.
- The map library tool gives users access to a collection of finished maps available to print immediately.
Add Your Own Custom Tools
Do you have a cumbersome workflow or daily activity in GIS that is frustrating you? We can develop an additional component for GovTools
to directly address your situation, allowing you to unlock the full potential of your GIS.
Contact us to learn more about GovTools